Sunday 11 February 2018

Birchbox - February


For February's Birchbox we got ta choice of three themed boxes- 70's, 80's or 90's.  I'm not sure if it's obvious from the photo of my box above but I went for the 90's as it was the decade I grew up in. So let's see what I got in my box...


The Beauty Crop Eyeshadow Trio in 'Love You So Latte' - RRP £7
These three shades are all so useable and go together perfectly. Having all three in such a small compact makes it perfect to pop in your handbag for any touch ups. The real test for these will be how they blend together and how they last on the eyes.

ModelCo Green Concealer - RRP £14
When I first saw this I thought it was one of those lip crayons which look green and react with the ph levels on your lips to comes out your perfect shade. However, after reading the menu card I saw it was a concealer and was intrigued! It's used to help conceal redness so I'm actaully going to go this to a friend who says she already uses a green concealer as I don't feel it's something which I would necessary need myself.

Percy & Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish - RRP £10 for the full size
I've actually used this before and can't say I miss it much. From what I remember a little goes a long way and used too much will result in a greasy/over producted look which isn't what anyone wants!

Luseta Coconut Milk Hair Mask - RRP £32 for the full size
I've heard good things about this hair mask and can't wait to try it out. I love hair masks which you only need to leave on for around 5 minutes before washing off as that gets the job done there and then in the shower. I'm expecting this to leave my hair smooth and shiny so saving it for when my hair really needs a boost.

Laqa & Co B'Lighter - RRP £12 for the full size
I really like the packaging of this mini product and think it's a Summer must have. Having swatched it on my hand it's definitely strong on the shimmer but looks like if it's used sparingly it'd be perfect to add that holiday glow we all lust after but I for one already know I can't afford this year so very glad to have this little beauty to help me fake it. 

The more observant of you will notice that I actually got 6 items instead of 5 in this box. I'm not too sure what happened but I seem to have gained a little bonus product as there's no mention of the Arrow eyeliner anywhere. Having used Arrow before (hich I got in a previous Birchbox) I'm really excited to get to try another of they products and love the versatility of the two sided eyeliner. 

I've actually convinced one of my colleagues to start her Birchbox subscription again and she went for the 80's box so we could see the difference. It was slightly disappointing to see that we pretty much had the same products. I just had one different and she received a product which I got in a previous box instead. 

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies

No comments:

Post a Comment