Sunday 8 October 2017

Birchbox - September & October


Thanks to life being crazy busy for the past month I’ve got not just this months Birchbox to share but also last months! So, let’s start with September;


Polaar - Icy Magic Eye Contour Energiser - RRP £22 for full size
I received another product from this brand a few months ago and really enjoyed it so I’m looking forward to trying this. I’ve never actually seen this brand being sold anywhere but will be keeping my eyes out for what else they may do.

Dr PawPaw - Original Clear Balm - RRP £6.95 for full size
I actually squealed with joy when I saw this. I got my first full size when I lived in Australia and loved it so much but didn’t realise how hard it would be to find it back here in Scotland otherwise I would’ve stocked up. I’m currently using a full size one which I got in a Glossybox but it’s running low so I’m SO happy to have this mini one to keep in my handbag for on the go.

Manna Kadar - 3 in 1 Blush, Highlighter and Eyeshadow - RRP £15
The first full sized item in this months box. Looking at the colour I couldn’t quite imagine this as a blush but having now swatched it I can absolutely see how you could use it as all three. It’s such a beautifully shade which could bring warmth during autumn as a blush, shimmer as a highlight as a beautiful shade on the eyes. This really has surprised me as to how many uses you get from the one powder.

Arrow - Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm - RRP £11
I love this kind of product, the ones which are different shades on different people depending on the pH levels on your skin. This is also a full sized product and I love the packaging - ready to keep you going through any festival.

Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm - RRP £23 for the full size
Again, this received a little squeal of excitement when I saw this. I’ve heard such good reviews about this but never been brave enough/had the budget for the full sized item. I cannot wait to try this out! I believe a little goes a long way so this should last quite a wee while


And now, October’s box which we all just need to take a moment to appreciate the box! 



 Model Co - Megalash Mascara - RRP £16 for the full size
I can never tell how good a mascara will be by just the brush so have no idea how I’ll get on with this but usually I tend to make a royal mess when the wands are this big. However, I’ll go in with an open mind and cross my fingers that this gives the long, separated and curled lashes that we all long for.

Balance Me - Pure Skin Face Wash - RRP £16 for the full size
Balance me is a brand which pops up quite a bit in Glossybox/Birchbox but I admit I’m quite pleased about it. I love how natural this brand is and my skin has always seemed to get well with the products so I look forward to trying another one.

Anatomicals - Grab Your Melons Shower Gel - RRP £1.50
The only full sized product in this months box. This product is tied in to the fact it’s cancer awareness month and CopperFeel has worked with the Birchbox team on this box. I love the fact that this shower gel is a gentle, and amusing, reminder that it’s important to check yourself as we all know how important it can be. I admit that I’m bad at remembering so hopefully having this in the shower with me will help.

Amika - Perk Up DryShampoo - RRP £20 for the full size
Amika is another hair brand I’ve heard great things about but still haven’t tried the dry shampoo yet. Having fallen out with Bastist a couple of years ago, the white never rubbed in properly so I was constantly asked why I had grey hair that day, I’m always on the search for a new dry shampoo so looking forward to trying this. I also love how dinky this is as it’ll be great to have in the handbag for any last minute changes of plans that require my hair to be spruced up a bit.

Biore - Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips - RRP £8.99
I’ve used these strips before and my they really do work. It’s grossly satisfying peeling them off and then inspecting to see how many blackheads you get at once. My pores have been really clogged recently so looking forward to using this and trying to clean them in a bit!


Let me know which box you think is better, for me...I think September has won! 

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies

No comments:

Post a Comment