Saturday 13 April 2013

Favourite Nail Varnishes



 Recently I have been really enjoying painting my nails on a more regular basis so I thought I would do a quick show and tell of four of my current favourites. Each is a completely different look so there'll be one suitable for any occasion.


 The four that I have chosen are by Barry M, e.l.f and Essie.




 e.l.f- 'Mint Cream'  (£2.50)
 This I don't even remember buying so I may have received it as a free gift but I am so glad I did. Normally I don't really wear bright colours on my nails but I just can't get enough of the colour mint at the moment. It's such a nice Spring colour so I chose this for Easter weekend. The formula of elf nail varnish's aren't my favourite (could be an old formula as it is an old varnish), can take up to 3 layers for a nice cover and the brush isn't the best quality which means the varnish isn't distributed evenly but for the price, you can't really complain! I bought tons of these when I was just getting into nail varnish's  and still use them but I'm not sure I would choose to buy them again in future. However, if you were looking to add a lot of new colours to your collection and didn't want to spend a fortune then I would say to give these ago!




(please excuse the cut on my finger!)
Essie- 'Buy Me A Cameo'   (£7.99)
I LOVE this varnish. Everything about it pleases me. The colour is beautiful, formula lovely (1 layer can be enough but I often go for 2), it doesn't chip easily and the brush is brilliant! When I first bought it I thought it looked like a rose gold colour and in certain light that is how it looks but in other light it looks like a creamy, bronzey, coffee-y colour (bet that cleared it up for you!). It leaves a metallic finish and I think will look amazing in Summer. The brush is a wider, flatter brush than usual nail varnish brushes but I love this as it fits better with the width of the nail, so literally one stroke and your done, and it helps the product go on evenly and leave a lovely finish.


 
Barry M- 'Pink Silver Glitter'    (£2.99)
If I was a nail varnish, this is the one I would be. It's the prettiest pink colour and so sparkly and girly! I wore this around Christmas for all (a whole 3?!) Christmas parties I was at as it always added that extra little sparkle to the outfit. To get a good covering you do need about 3 layers but this does help it last a fairly long time. The only down side I would say is that it's so stubborn to get off. I've discovered the best way is to use one of the nail varnish remover pots. It's just so pretty!





Barry M- 'Magnetic Burgundy'   (£4.99)
Another Barry M beauty and this is one of their magnetic varnishes. This amazed me when I first got it, I just didn't understand how it worked and I still don't but all I know is that it look brilliant. Often when I'm wearing this varnish I get asked where I got my nails done and when I say it was me they're always so impressed and want to try it. First you apply one layer and let it dry, then you apply a second layer and while it's still wet you hover the magnet (slying concealed in the lid) over the nail for about 5-8 seconds and then just like magic, you have a beautiful pattern finish. So easy, simple and cheap and yet it looks amaze!



Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies


Looking like good old chums!


1 comment:

  1. Magnetic one is good value for money - ive seen some that are very pricey. Looks like it works well too - can see the pattern really clearly!

    ReplyDelete