Wednesday 12 August 2015

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contour Palette





I realise it hasn't been a long time since I was ranting and raving about another contour palette (post here) but after reading a lot of good reviews on the new addition to the Maybelline line up I just couldn't resist trying it out.

As you can see the palette includes a bronzing powder and a highlighter. The highlighter I'm not too excited about as I don't use powder highlighters a lot so will admit that I've not played around with it too much. What I can say is that is does look quite pretty but is guilty of having rather large gold specs of glitter in it which gives a slight vampire in the sunshine (twilight style) appearance. 

Highlighter aside though, I LOVE this. The bronzer is non-muddy, non-orange and non-shimmery....a.k.a the perfect contour formula! It is beautifully pigmented so it's easy not to go over the top yet you don't have to stand there for ages and apply lots just to get a slight shadow affect. 

I have the shade '01 Light/Medium' and I think it's the perfect shade for me. I have been using this instead of my Bourjois Chocolate bronzing powder purely on the pigmentation front. It also sticks around all day too without sliding down the face- which is never a good look! If I was being made to think of a negative I would say that the packaging is quite bulky, due to a compartment underneath which has a brush and mirror so is handy for those who use that but personally I never do so would be happy without it.

If anyone thinks they have an equally good contour powder then please let me know! Apparently I'm having a moment with them!

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies




No comments:

Post a Comment