Wednesday 25 November 2015

Disappointing Products




Now, I like to keep things cheery and positive on here but I have found a few products have really been disappointing me recently and I thought it is only fair that I share the bad as well as the good. 

All of these products are very popular and I've read so many positive posts about how good they are which is why I think I'm so disappointed in them. Of course everyone's skin is different and what works well for one person may not work so well for someone else so forgive me if I'm about to hate on one of your favourites.

L'oreal True Match Foundation
I had this a few years ago and absolutely loved it. However, they recently re-did the formula and although everyone is saying how much they love the new formula and think it's been improved greatly I could not disagree more. On my skin -which is oily/combination- it just sits on top in a really ugly and cakey way, moves around a lot and seems to disappear quickly as well. One good thing about it is their wide range of shades but other than that I struggle to say anything good.

Benefit Roller Lash
It took me a while to come round to loving They're Real mascara by Benefit so I was hoping that this would be the same when I didn't initially get on with it. But after leaving it a while and coming back to it I am yet to enjoy it. On my lashes it doesn't hold a curl -not many mascara's can do that on my lashes though!- and it doesn't thicken them at all either. For a natural/there's nothing on my lashes look then this would be great but if that was the case then why would you bother wearing it!?

Bourjois Bronzing Powder
If you're a regular to my blog then you may have seen that I've previous blogged about this product when I initially loved it. It's featured in a favourites post which you can read here. But after using it for a wee while the top of the product seems to have worn down in such a way that no product actually comes off anymore. It's really hard to describe -I've tried to show it the best I can in the photo- but if you go into most shops that have a sample of this out then I believe most of them have done the same. I had noticed this before I bought this product but was sucked in by everyone ranting about it and thought maybe the samples were really old/dirty so ignored it. Mistake!

Rant over. Phew! Feel like I've got a lot off my chest now and I promise there won't be a negative post for a good wee while to go!

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies

No comments:

Post a Comment