Thursday 6 June 2013

Revlon 'ColorStay Ultimate Suede' Review


One of Revlon's latest releases are the ColorStay Lipsticks. As the name suggests it has been designed to leave the colour on your lips for a long time and boy does it! I bought one of these just to check it out and see if it lived up to expectations but was not expecting such great results. I put the pink one (005 Muse) on my lips around 9am before leaving for work and arrived back at 5pm with it still there!!! Not only did it last a 6hour shift it also survived through a coronation chicken panini, can of Irn Bru and a latte.



The colours are brilliant and very buildable. I got the pink one first and loved it so much that a few days later I rushed out to get a more subtle and wearable colour- introducing 025 Socialite. The lipsticks are very pigmented and leave a matte finish (althought looks glossy due to the sun in the picture below.)


As only to be expected with long lasting lip products it can become quite drying on the lips. However, it was nowhere near as drying as lip staining pens and many other 'long lasting' lip products which I've tried. This drying issue can easily be addressed by applying a thin layer of either a gloss or just lip balm. 

All in all I love these products and can picture my collection of them increasing quite rapidly. If you're like me and find you are someone who puts make-up on in the morning and wants it to last throughout the day instead of having to touch up constantly then these are perfect!! 

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies


No comments:

Post a Comment